Flying Reindeer Ornament
- Wooden shapes: oval, 3-1/4”; teardrop, 2-1/2”
- Craft sticks: mini, four; skill
- Felt scraps: tan, green
- Red pom-pom, 1/2”
- Gold bells, 1/4”, three
- Wiggle eyes, 10mm, two
- Gold cording, 10” length
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Lamp Black, Sable Brown
- Red chalk
- Beacon Adhesives Kid’s Choice! Glue
scissors, paintbrush, cotton swab, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print out patterns. Cut patterns from felt.
- On covered work surface, paint skill stick (antlers) Lamp Black and wooden shapes and mini sticks (legs) Sable Brown. Paint end of each leg Lamp Black (for hooves).
- Adhere eyes and pom-pom (nose) on teardrop (face). Rub chalk on cheeks using cotton swab. Fold ears and adhere on back of head. Cut skill stick in half; adhere antlers between ears on back of head.
- Adhere green collar to right side of head and adhere head on oval (body) overlapping collar edge. Adhere legs and tail to body.
- Adhere small bells on collar. Loop cording and adhere on back of reindeer to hang.
- 1. Create an entire crew of reindeer to represent Santa’s flying helpers. Personalize with name or the year on one of the reindeer’s legs, too.