- Disposable aluminum cookie sheets or pans
- String or fishing line
- Knitting needle or small paintbrush handle
- Thick craft glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, copy paper
- 1. To build snowflake shapes, refer to Quilled Snowflake Worksheet.
- 1. Measure and cut aluminum pans into 3/8”-wide strips using scissors.
- 2. Print out patterns.
- 3. To begin coiling strip of metal, wrap it around knitting needle or end of small paintbrush handle. Coil it several times and remove knitting needle or paintbrush handle. Finish coiling using your fingers.
- 4. Follow patterns to shape coils into circles, hearts, or teardrops. Shape coils by coiling each end of strip towards center. Form teardrop by pinching one end.
- 5. Using six-point pattern, assemble snowflake as you go, adhering pieces together with dabs of craft glue. Let dry.
- 6. Thread string through coil; knot ends together to hang.
- 1. Be particularly careful not to cut yourself on aluminum.Take extra care when cutting aluminum strips or use craft gloves to protect skin.