College Student Laundry Bag
- Canvas or jersey laundry bag
- Acrylic paints: blue, orange
- Stencil paintbrush
- Simply Stencils Stencil Blank, 8”x10”, two sheets
- Picture glass, 8”x10”
- Masking tape, 1”-wide
- Cardboard sheet, 17"x21"
scissors, craft knife, marker, metal ruler
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Place pattern under each stencil blank and use marker to trace pattern. For cutting surface, cover edges of glass with tape and set on flat work surface. Place blank onto cutting surface and use craft knife and metal ruler to cut away openings. Cut star from one stencil blank and rectangle sections from remaining stencil blank; set star cut-out aside for later use. (Note: Cut stencils with a smooth continuous motion, rotating stencil instead of knife.)
- 2. To prevent paint from bleeding through fabric, insert cardboard inside laundry bag. Using photo as placement and painting guide, position star stencil on upper left side of bag so that top point of star is 5-1/2” from left side of bag and 6-1/2” from top edge of bag; paint star orange. (Note: If using different size laundry bag than noted above, adjust placement accordingly.) Position stencil to right of star so that inside points are touching; paint star orange. Stencil and paint one star below each star, upside down, so that four points touch in center
- 3. For rectangles behind stars, position stencil around each star and shade outside edges of rectangle blue. (Note: Use back of stencil for top right and bottom left stars.)
- 4. Place masking tape along outer edges of rectangles, extending 1” beyond corners, to create border. Shade edges blue, positioning star cut-out over painted stars to protect surface.
- 5. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to heat set paint.
- 1. Show school spirit by personalizing your bag with school colors!