Holiday Gift Card Holders
- Off-white felt, 9”x12”, two
- Felt, scraps: red, green, brown
- Ribbon, 1/4”x6”, three (handles)
- Red/white checked ribbon, scraps
- Off-white crepe paper streamers, scraps
- Red rick rack, scraps
- Pinking shears
- Sewing machine and off-white thread
- Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue: Crystal, Lime, Candy Cane
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler, pencil, cardstock scraps
- From off-white felt, cut two 2-3/4”x3-1/2” rectangles for each holder.
- Machine stitch 1/8” from raw edge on sides and bottom.
- Trim scant 1/8” from stitched line and top edge using pinking shears.
- Print out patterns onto cardstock scraps. Trace and cut out ornament, tree, and holly shapes from red, brown, and green felt. Adhere shapes onto front of holders using fabric glue.
- Adhere ribbon handles to inside of holders.
- Cut crepe paper to fit inside of holder; adhere using fabric glue. Trim top edge using pinking shears.
- Measure and cut rick rack and check ribbon even with width of holder. Decorate tree with rick rack. Use fabric glue to adhere onto holder.
- Referring to photo, decorate holly, ornament, tree, and holder edges using glitter glues.
- Insert gift card into holder.
- 1. Follow the same steps to create a durable holder out of heavy cardstock and papers.