Christmas Tree Clay Jewelry
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven Bake Clay: Spanish Olive, Pomegranate
- Polyform Sculpey III Oven Bake Clay: Leaf Green, Jewelry Gold
- Jewelry findings: earring wires, two; eye pins, two; pin back
- Polyform Sculpey Tools: Geometric Mini Cutter Set, Etch and Pearl Tool Set, Extruder, Super Slicer, Clay Conditioning Machine
- Polyform Sculpey Gold Glitter
- Needle-nose pliers
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Heavy-duty craft glue
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. Run clay through clay conditioning machine until pliable.
- Extrude 14” length of Leaf Green or Spanish Olive clay with medium round dye in extruder. Trim into pieces that gradually get smaller to create tree shape. Arrange pieces next to each other forming Christmas tree triangle. Position shorter piece at bottom (for trunk). See Photo 1.
- Run Pomegranate clay through clay conditioning machine on #1 setting (widest); set machine on #2 setting and run through again. Place clay on work surface. Use Etch and Pearl Tool to create ornaments by punching tool through clay. Peel up remaining clay and use Super Slicer blade to slide under each ornament, lifting from work surface. Press ornaments gently on tree. See Photo 2 .
- Run small amount of Jewelry Gold clay through clay conditioning machine on #1 setting; set machine on #2 setting and run through again. Use star mini cutter to cut out star. Press star on top of tree. See Photo 3 and Photo 4 .
- Follow Steps 2-4 to create two smaller trees (for earrings) using smaller round dye to extrude clay. Press eye pin into top coil behind star. Add small length of clay on top of eye pin to secure. See Photo 5 .
- On covered work surface, use fingertips to sprinkle Gold glitter on trees. Gently rub glitter into clay.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake trees on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely. Spot glue any loose parts or jewelry findings; let dry.
- Attach earring wires onto eye pins using needle-nose pliers. Adhere pin back onto back of tree. Let dry.
- 1. If clay remains in the mini cutter, use eraser end on pencil to gently push shape out.