Keepsake Champagne Bottle
- Recycled glass champagne bottle
- Diamond Tech Keepsake Bottle Kit
- Melissa Frances Vintage Jeweled Fancy Filigree Brooch
- Sheer ribbon, 1/2 yd.
- Small number stickers
- Keepsakes: ticket stubs, photographs, menu, party favors
- Diamond Tech Generation Green Bottle Cutter
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, safety glasses, safety gloves, large pot and stove, water, large container for ice bath, masking tape
- Rinse out recycled champagne bottle with cool tap water. Wearing safety glasses, follow manufacturer’s instructions to score bottle with glass cutter as shown, just above bottle label.
- Fill sink or large container with ice water. Fill large pot with water and bring to boil. Wearing safety gloves, submerge scored bottle into pot for five seconds, completely covering score. Quickly remove and place in ice bath. Repeat process until bottle separates on score line. Use sanding materials in bottle cutter kit to smooth cut glass.
- Remove foil tape from kit and adhere to glass cut on top and bottom of bottle. If desired, wrap second line of foil around bottle pieces as shown to cover cut glass lines. Use Gem-Tac to adhere top of latch included in kit to back side of bottle top and bottom of latch to back side of bottom of bottle, joining top and bottom together. Let glue set by placing pieces of masking tape over latch pieces. Repeat process with front latch pieces. Let glue set overnight.
- Tie sheer ribbon in bow on front of bottle neck. Use Gem-Tac to adhere brooch to ribbon as shown. Press number stickers for year or desired sentiment on bottle top.
- Fill bottle with items saved from celebration such as ticket stubs, photographs, and party favors.
- 1. Use this idea to give the new couple a memorable wedding or reception keepsake!