Beaded Snowflake Votive
- Glass votive, 4”x5”
- Glass beads: polished aqua, 7mm; round aqua, 5mm, 7mm; light blue, 10mm
- Silver bugle beads: 1”, 1/2”, 1/4”
- Flat-backed rhinestones: 5mm, 2mm
- Battery-operated tea light or small candle
- Krylon Frosted Glass Finish
- Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue, Glitter Snow
toothpicks, ruler, pencil, container of water, paper towels, window glass cleaner, soft cloth, eraser, craft brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Clean glass votive with glass cleaner and wipe with soft cloth. On covered work surface, spray votive with Frosted Glass. Let dry. Apply second coat. Let dry for one hour.
- Place votive on table with side facing upward. Use ruler to find center. Mark with pencil. Apply glue to pencil dot using toothpick. Press on largest bead. Let dry several minutes. Apply six lines of glue evenly out from center bead. Knead eraser into a small point at one corner. Use this as a tool to pick up six 1” bugle beads and place on glue lines around center bead. Adhere 7mm round beads to ends of each of six 1” bugle beads. Let dry for five minutes.
- Apply dots of glue using toothpick in between bugle beads and touching center bead. Use eraser to pick up six 5mm rhinestones and press on dots. Let dry for five minutes.
- Apply glue lines out from center of each rhinestone around center bead. Place 1/2” bugle beads on lines. Add two more lines of glue on each side of bugle beads; place 1/2” bugle beads on these areas. Let dry.
- Adhere 7mm polished glass bead to top of each center bugle beads. Adhere 5mm rhinestone to top of each bead. Adhere 2mm rhinestones to tops of other 1/2” bugle beads.
- Adhere 5mm round bead to center of 1/2” bugle bead with glass bead at end. Let dry.
- Adhere small rhinestones to tops of 5mm round beads. Adhere larger rhinestones to tops of center bead and onto larger round beads. Let dry for several hours.
- Use craft brush to apply Glitter Snow around top and bottom edges of votive. While still wet, press round beads and 1/4” bugle beads into snow. Let each side dry completely. Finish all edges in same manner.
- Insert small candle or battery-operated tea light into votive.
- 1. Use a battery-operated tea light inside votive holder.