Skiing Snowman Frame
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Accents Clay: Blue Glitter, Red Glitter, Frost White Glitter, Magenta Pearl
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Clay: Black, Orange
- Wooden frame, 8”x11”
- Assorted snowflake buttons (with shanks removed)
- Polyform Sculpey Tools: Clay Conditioning Machine, Clay Tool Starter Set, Clay Mat
- Krylon Glitter Blast Spray Paint: Twilight Sky, Diamond Dust; Clear Sealer
- Acrylic paints: white, light blue
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue, Decorative Glitter Snow
craft brush, palette knife, newspaper (to cover work surface), cardstock scrap
- Print out pattern onto cardstock.
- Remove clay from packages and condition separately in hands until soft and pliable. With clay conditioning machine on setting #1, roll Frost White Glitter clay into sheet. Place sheet on clay mat. Place snowman pattern onto clay and cut out using needle tool. Set aside.
- With clay conditioning machine on setting #3, roll small piece of Orange. Use needle tool to cut out small triangle nose.
- Roll two small balls of Black clay for eyes. Roll two larger balls of Black clay; flatten for coal on belly. Roll one tiny Black clay log for each branch. Add two smaller Black logs to other twigs on branches. Roll smaller Black log for mouth. Set all aside.
- Roll and flatten two tiny Magenta balls for cheeks. Press branches onto back of snowman. Press coal onto belly. Press on all facial features. Set aside.
- With clay conditioning machine on setting #2, roll Blue Glitter clay into sheet. Cut out triangle for hat. Cut out rectangle of same clay for scarf. Cut out two smaller triangles of clay for scarf ends. Roll logs of Blue and Red Glitter clays; press on hat and scarf alternating colors. Cut excess clay strings from edges of hat and scarf. Press on snowman. Gently curve tip of hat and roll small Frost White Glitter ball for hat tassel. Press into place. Roll three logs of Red Glitter clay and press onto hat between snowman head and bottom of hat. Press on snowman.
- To make candy cane skis and poles, roll ball of Frost White Glitter clay with small ball of Red clay, marbleizing clay together. Roll clay into log. Gently twist clay, forming candy cane shape. Cut two straight lengths for poles and two longer lengths for skis. Curve skis ends, forming candy canes. Position on baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake all clay pieces in oven. Let cool.
- On covered work surface, paint top two-thirds of frame light blue. While still wet, paint lower third of frame white, blending “snow” with “sky.” Let dry.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to spray entire frame Diamond Dust. Let dry. Spray top two-thirds of frame Twilight Glitter Blast. Let dry. Spray entire frame using Clear Sealer. Let dry.
- Use palette knife to apply faux snow around photo area and outside edges of frame. Let dry.
- Place snowman on frame. Adhere candy cane skis to back of snowman on frame. Adhere one pole under branch arm. Add more glue to area behind snowman; press snowman in place. Adhere other pole to other branch arm. Adhere snowflake buttons randomly onto frame.
- 1. Good work surfaces for clay include wax paper, a metal baking sheet, a ceramic tile, or aluminum foil.