Yo-Yo Snowman Pin
- White cotton fabric, 5” circle
- Felt circles: purple glitter, 5”; white, 1-1/2”
- Orange pony bead
- Round black beads, 8mm, seven
- White metallic cord, 18” length
- White sewing thread
- White/silver pom-pom, 1”
- Silver bells, 1/2”, two
- Blue/white checked ribbon, 5/8”-wide, 14” length
- Polyester stuffing
- API Crafter’s Pick Incredibly Tacky Glue
sewing needle, safety pin, scissors, ruler or measuring tape
- For head, use two strands of thread to sew 1/4”-long stitches around white fabric circle, 1/8” from edge. Pull thread at ends to gather slightly; stuff with polyester stuffing. Pull threads tightly to make yo-yo shape, leaving 1/2” open in center; knot ends. Stuff until firm and even. Sew white felt circle onto face to cover opening.
- For nose, sew orange bead to face; knot ends on back. For eyes, sew two black beads above nose. For mouth, sew five black beads below nose.
- For hat, sew 1/4”-long stitches around purple felt circle, 1/4” from edge. Pull thread ends to gather; place hat on head. Pull thread tightly and knot ends on back. Adhere hat on head.
- Cut 6” cord length and wrap around hat; tie bow. Adhere pom-pom on hat top.
- Tie ribbon bow; sew to bottom of head. Tie remaining cord length into bow and attach bells onto each end; sew to head, just above ribbon bow. For pin back, sew safety pin to back of head.
- 1. Have kids practice making gathering stitches on scrap pieces of fabric.