Believe Sentiment Necklace
- STAEDTLER-MARS Fimo Effects Clay: White, Mint
- Dry alphabet pasta
- Assorted beads: mint pearls, silver pearls, shell beads, turquoise teardrops
- Silver jewelry findings: eye hooks, two; eye pins, 12; lobster clasp; jump rings, approx. 60
- Needle-nose pliers
- STAEDTLER-MARS FIMO Gloss Varnish
- Mustard yellow acrylic paint
- Super glue
craft knife, cornstarch, paintbrush, nail file or sandpaper, damp cloth
- On work surface, use alphabet pasta to spell out words. Designer used “believe.” Make sure all letters chosen are perfectly shaped. Condition White clay in hands until soft and pliable. Shape White clay into 1/4”-thick log; press alphabet pasta on log in reverse, spacing letters evenly. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake log on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. See Photo 1.
- Lightly apply drops of super glue on each alphabet letter, allowing glue to seep around letter onto clay. Let dry. (Note: This helps letters stay in place for multiple uses over time.) See Photo 2.
- Roll Mint clay to 1/2” thickness. Lightly brush clay with cornstarch. See Photo 3. Press believe stamp into clay firmly; cut around words, removing excess clay with craft knife. See Photo 4.
- Insert eye hook into each end of believe banner. Slightly curve banner upward on each end. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. Let cool. See Photo 5 and Photo 6.
- Paint stamped letters using Mustard Yellow paint. Wipe excess paint with damp cloth before dry. See Photo 7.
- Use nail file or sandpaper to file away paint around letters. See Photo 8.
- Apply two coats of gloss varnish on believe banner. Let dry.
- On nine eye pins, randomly thread mint pearls, silver pearls, and shell beads. Close each eye pin by turning loop on end using needle-nose pliers. Connect each eye pin to one another using five jump rings, connecting banner bead on center of eye pins or to side of focal point as shown. See Photo 9 and Photo 10.
- Attach turquoise teardrop beads to each end of believe banner using jump rings. Create two beaded dangles using eye pins, jump rings, and beads of choice; attach dangles onto one end of believe banner. See Photo 11.
- Finish necklace by attaching lobster clasp to one end of attached eye pins. Create one more beaded dangle; attach to lobster clasp using jump ring. See Photo 12.
- 1. Position beaded eye pins and banner bead on work surface before connecting to change pattern or determine if necklace length should be longer.