Sweet Dreams Banner
- Canvas fabric, 54”-wide, 1/4 yd.
- Grey gathered ribbon, 1 yd.
- Pink pom-pom fringe, 1 yd.
- Prima Flowers, in assorted sizes
- Buttons Galore and More Cozy Cottage Button Collection
- Crystal teardrops with jump rings, three
- Sizzix Big Shot Pro Die-Cutting System and Bigz Pro Jumbo Banners Dies
- Sewing machine and thread
- DecoArt Americana: Black Writer; Light Buttermilk Acrylic Paint; Shimmering Silver Dazzling Metallics Paint
- DecoArt Glamour Dust: Black Ice, Celebration Pink
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
scissors, fabric marker or pen, straight pins, ruler or measuring tape, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Cut canvas into 12”x12” squares. Layer two squares together and place them on Banners die. Run die through machine following manufacturer’s instructions. Repeat for seven total sets of pennants.
- Pin two pennants together. Sew together using 1/8” seam allowance. Repeat for each set of pennants.
- On covered work surface, basecoat front of pennant Light Buttermilk. Drybrush Celebration Pink glitter randomly on each pennant. Let dry.
- Use pencil to draw letters spelling “DREAM” on each pennant, leaving two pennants blank. Outline letters using Black Writer. Let dry. Paint Black Ice glitter inside outlines on letters. Let dry.
- Measure 12” from end of grey ribbon; sew first blank pennant piece on underside of ribbon. Sew “DREAM” pennants along ribbon ending with other blank pennant. Leave 12” of ribbon on other side.
- On every other pennant piece, adhere pink pom-pom fringe along edges using fabric glue.
- Adhere buttons and Prima Flowers randomly along banner using fabric glue. Let dry. Attach crystal teardrops on bottom of “D,” “E,” and “M” pennants by piercing jump ring through bottom of canvas; squeeze closed.
- 1. If sewing machine is not available, use fabric glue to adhere pennants together and attach along gathered ribbon.