Snowflake Candle Holder
- Crate & Barrel Taylor Large Hurricane, 7”x9”
- White pillar candle, 3”x6”
- Provo Craft Cricut Home Décor Blue Vinyl Set with Transfer Tape
- Garden Splendor Colorfill Vase Filler, 1 lb. pkg.
- Provo Craft Cricut Mini Electronic Cutting System and Cricut Craft Room Software
- Provo Craft Teresa Collins December 25th Seasonal Cartridge (physical or digital)
- Provo Craft Cricut Tool Kit
- Computer with Internet connection
- Fox Run Craftsmen Stick-Um Candle Adhesive
paper trimmer, glass cleaner, soft cloth
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to connect to Cricut Craft Room software.
- Purchase and download Teresa Collins December 25th digital cutting files, or use other Cricut snowflake cutting files of choice. (Note: Owners of physical cartridges may link to virtual cutting files within Cricut Craft Room Software; follow manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Trim Powder Blue vinyl sheet to fit inside cutting lines printed on cutting mat. Press and smooth vinyl onto mat. Insert cutting mat into machine.
- Select and place snowflake files onto virtual cutting mat in Cricut Craft Room. Place four copies of first snowflake onto mat, moving shapes and adjusting sizes as desired. Repeat with second snowflake. Eight snowflakes should fit within space of virtual cutting mat; place shapes close together to conserve vinyl for future projects.
- Click “Cut” icon on screen and follow manufacturer’s prompts to cut out snowflakes.
- Use hook tool from Cricut Tool Kit to carefully remove or “weed” cut-out pieces from inside vinyl snowflake shapes.
- Cut Transfer Tape to fit cut area of vinyl sheet; set aside excess vinyl for future projects. Remove tape liner and smooth tape over all shapes. Cut shapes apart with scissors for ease of application.
- Working with one snowflake at a time, peel backing from vinyl and apply shape to glass surface. Smooth transfer tape over surface of glass, then peel tape away from surface at 45° angle. Repeat to apply remaining snowflakes to glass.
- Use glass cleaner and soft cloth to clean fingerprints from surface.
- Apply pea-sized amount of candle adhesive to base of candle; press firmly inside bottom of candle holder. Fill base of holder with vase filler crystals.
- 1. It’s easy to change vinyl motifs with the seasons; simply peel off existing vinyl. Change out the candle color, as well, for an extra visual pop.