Summer Memories Board
- Cork board, 11”x17”
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Orange, Cadmium Yellow, White
- We R Memory Keepers Good Day Sunshine Paper Pack
- Chipboard alphabet letters: 1-1/4”, 3-3/4”
- Polyform Sculpey: Clay Conditioning Machine, Landscape Texture Maker, Push Mold Alphabet, Bake & Bond
- Wilton Enterprises Ferns Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold
- Yellow acrylic paint
- Jacquard Products Gold PearlEx Powder
- Adhesives: 3M Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, glue runner
scissors, craft knife, ruler, paintbrush, wax paper, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On newspaper-covered work surface, paint frame on cork board yellow. Let dry.
- Condition Orange clay by running through clay conditioning machine on thickest setting. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Roll Orange clay out to 1/8” thickness. Use Landscape Texture Maker to create floral pattern on clay. For a great tutorial on how to use the Landscape Texture Sheet, check out this video from Sculpey: http://www.sculpey.com/products/tool/sculpey%C2%AE-texture-maker-landscape-pattern
- Cover 3-3/4” letters “S” and “F” with Sculpey Bake & Bond. Place textured sheet of Orange clay, with textured side down, on work surface. Position “S” and “F” on clay. Use craft knife to trim around letters. Turn letters over and lightly apply Gold pigment powder. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake letters on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. If needed, spot glue clay letters on chipboard shapes using quick-dry glue.
- Use Sculpey Alphabet Mold and Cadmium Yellow clay to create “2013” by rolling clay into small balls and pressing into mold for year.
- Using Fern mold, create butterfly and bug embellishments in choice of colors.
- Trace 1-1/4” letters spelling “ummer” and “un” on desired print paper from Good Day Sunshine pack. Cut letters out using scissors. Adhere paper letters to chipboard letters using quick-dry glue. Let dry.
- Adhere summer photos onto print paper of choice using glue runner. Trim around each photo, leaving paper border.
- Adhere assorted photos, butterfly and bug embellishments, “2013,” and “Summer Fun” on memo board as desired or by using photo as guide for placement. Let dry.
- 1. Create school memory boards using sport-, music-, and activity-themed photos and clay embellishments.