Sandcastle Scrapbook Album
- Cardboard, 9"x12", two
- Cardstock: red, yellow, hot pink, light pink, light green, teal, purple
- Yellow textured paper, 9”x12”, two
- Metal rings, 1”, three
- Acrylic jewels: circles, stars
- Beach-themed stickers or paper illustrations
- Pink alphabet stickers, 3/4”
- Gold glitter glue
- Adhesives: Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue, glue stick
scissors, pencil, hole punch
- Print and cut out patterns. Trace and cut out two sandcastles from cardboard and two sandcastles from yellow textured paper.
- Use glue stick to adhere yellow textured sandcastles onto cardboard sandcastles (covers). (Note: Make sure yellow textured paper faces outwards on cover pieces.)
- Adhere hot pink cardstock to inside front cover and purple cardstock to inside back cover.
- For pages, cut sandcastles from colored cardstock. (Note: Cut an even number of pages from each colored cardstock to create same-colored spread when album lays flat.)
- Use hole punch to punch three holes, evenly spaced, on left side of pages, front cover, and back cover. Make sure holes align. Stack pages and covers together; insert metal rings into holes.
- Use gold glitter glue to outline shapes and add details on sandcastles on front cover. Let dry.
- Using photo as guide, press alphabet stickers on front cover to spell “SURF’S UP”.
- Decorate covers with beach stickers or illustrations as desired. Adhere acrylic jewels on covers using tacky glue. Let dry.
- 1. Have kids write summer or beach reflections after a day at the shore.