Chevron Patio Candles
- Avatrex Decor Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2"x11", two
- Ivory LED candles: 2"x3", 3"x4", 4"x6"
- Decorative plate or charger, 12”x12”
- Assorted small seashells
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Gripster Knife
- Design Master ColorTool Teal Blue Spray Color
- Elmer's Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive
newspaper, large box for spraying, rotary paper trimmer
- With computer, in word processing or graphic editing program, make 8-1/2"x11” (landscape) document. Refer to photo to create colorful design with two, three, and five chevron rows (or import a chevron design) and personalize with family names, favorite quotes, etc. (Note: Print on copy paper first to check size.)
- Read Avatrex Decor Attitude package instructions. With inkjet printer, print mirror image of digital image onto glossy side of Attitude sheet, printing five-row design on one sheet, and two-row and three-row designs on second sheet. Use rotary paper trimmer to cut 1/2" wider at top and bottom than Attitude images to remove excess paper. Wait to remove backing paper.
- In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area or inside large box, lightly spray printed side of two-row image with spray adhesive. Determine center back of small candle. Turn over Attitude and carefully position on center back of candle; press edge in place, letting remainder of Attitude strip dangle. (Note: Attitude strip will extend 1/2" beyond top and bottom edges of candle.) Remove Attitude backing paper and carefully wrap Attitude around candle. At center back, use Gripster knife to cut off excess Attitude. Carefully trim excess from bottom of candle, followed by trimming evenly with top curvy edge of candle. Set aside to dry. Repeat to attach other images to candles.
- In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, apply two light coats of Teal Blue to plate. Let dry.
- Arrange candles on plate and surround with seashells to display.
- 1. Roll candle on smooth, flat surface to remove air bubbles when bonding Attitude and candle.