Memories of Elvis Collage Frame
- Unfinished wooden frame, 13”x13”
- Double-layered photo mat with four 4”x6” openings
- Cardstock (Arjo Wiggins): Curious Iridescent Cryogen White; Black; Classic Orange
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grungeboard Scroll (Advantus)
- Chipboard star (Jenni Bowlin Studios)
- Glitter: Black, White (Martha Stewart Crafts); Yellow Sugar (Doodlebug Designs)
- Small black crystal rhinestone (Mark Richards)
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Jumpsuit Silhouette Elvis; Mic Swingin’ Silhouette Elvis; Elvis Is...; Playin’ Elvis; Elvis’ Guitar; Elvis Lives; Rummage Bin Beautiful unmounted set
- Adirondack Dye ink pads (Ranger): Pool; Pitch Black; Sunset Orange; Sunshine Yellow; Watermelon
- The Essential Glue Pad (Tsukineko)
- Stamp Positioner (Stampin’ Up!)
- Indoor/Outdoor spray finishes (Krylon): Primer; Black
- Scalloped-edge scissors
- Foam paintbrush
- Adhesives: Dot N Roller Adhesive (Kokuyo); Aleene’s Tacky Glue (Duncan); glue gun
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Remove frame glass, if present, and rest in safe place. Spray frame with primer in well-ventilated area; let dry. Spray paint primed frame black. Apply several light coats to prevent drips, as opposed to one heavy coat; let dry between coats.
- 2. Separate photo mat layers; spray paint bottom layer black and top layer white. If top mat is already white, skip spray painting. Spray paint chipboard star black. Let mats and star dry.
- 3. Brush thin layer of Tacky Glue over white photo mat and sprinkle with white glitter; work quickly to ensure even glitter coverage before glue begins to dry. Shake off excess glitter; let dry. Use glue gun to glue mat layers back together. Replace glass and glittered mats in frame.
- 1. Cut four white cardstock panels, 1” larger all around than mat openings. Stamp Elvis Is... background image onto each panel using a different dye ink pad; do not use Pitch Black.
- 2. Use black ink to stamp Elvis images over backgrounds as shown; clean stamps. Using stamp positioner, re-align images and stamp again using glue pad. Sprinkle wet glue with black glitter; shake off excess and let dry.
- 3. Cut 3”x5” orange cardstock piece and stamp with black scroll image. Trim one edge with scalloped-edge scissors and adhere to end of orange Elvis panel. Adhere black rhinestones to scallops.
- 4. Press Grungeboard scallop to glue pad; sprinkle scroll with yellow glitter and let dry. Shake off excess. Adhere scroll to yellow Elvis panel.
- 5. See Step 4 to glitter chipboard star black; let dry. Cut 3”x5” white cardstock piece and stamp with black guitars; adhere to red Elvis panel. Cut 1/2”x5” black cardstock strip; trim one edge with scalloped-edge scissors. See Step 4 to glitter scalloped strip black; let dry. Adhere strip and star to panel. Note: For added dimension, adhere chipboard star to front of mat opening with foam dots.
- 6. Stamp black scrolls on blue Elvis panel. Adhere stamped panels behind photo mat openings.