Pretty-in-Pink Resin Bangle
- Easy Cast Clear Casting Epoxy
- Castin’ Craft Opaque Pigments: White, Red
- Castin’ Craft Red Transparent Dye
- Silicone bracelet mold of choice
- Graduated measuring cups, five
- Plastic mixing cups, two
- Wooden stir sticks
- Timer or watch
sandpaper, safety glasses, latex or safety gloves, container of water, soft cloth, toothpick, plastic tablecloth (to protect work surface), craft knife
- 1. Easy Cast resin cures best at temperatures of at least 75°F. Make sure that all equipment is moisture free and you have read full instructions provided with resin kit before beginning. Protect workspace with plastic and wear gloves and eye protection for safety.
- 1. Measure volume of mold by filling it with water; pour water into measuring cup. Completely dry mold with towel. Make sure to remove any dust or lint.
- 2. Measure equal quantities of Resin and Hardener. The amount needed is volume of mold plus additional 1/8 fluid ounce as some resin is left behind in measuring and mixing cups. Divide total by two; measure out this amount of resin and hardener. See Photo 1.
- 3. Pour resin and hardener into mixing cup and stir for two minutes, scraping sides and across bottom of cup to dislodge any unmixed resin.
- 4. Transfer resin to second mixing cup; discard both first cup and stir stick. Mix for one minute with clean stir stick, scraping sides and bottom of cup.
- 5. Let resin sit on work surface for five minutes so bubbles rise to surface and dissipate. Remaining bubbles can be dragged up side of cup and popped with toothpick.
- 6. Pour half resin into one cup; divide rest equally between other two cups. See Photo 2.
- 7. Add four drops of white pigment to largest cup and two drops of red pigment to one small cup. Leave third cup uncolored. Stir cups until pigment is mixed. See Photo 3.
- 8. If mold has narrow opening, place wooden stir stick into opening to assist with pouring. Make sure there is gap below stir stick for resin to move around. See Photo 4.
- 9. Take red resin in one hand and white resin in other hand; pour 1/3 of each into mold. Let colors mix and swirl together. See Photo 5.
- 10. Add two drops of red transparent dye to white resin. Swirl lightly with stir stick to marbleize. See Photo 6 and Photo 7.
- 11. Hold one color in each hand again; pour about 1/2 of each into mold opening. See Photo 8.
- 12. Pour in about 1/2 of clear resin, followed by remaining red/white mixture, and red resin. Top mold with clear resin. Make sure resin comes up over inner lip of mold. Let resin cure for 24 hours. See Photo 9, Photo 10, and Photo 11.
- 13. Once cured, gently pull back silicone from resin, working all around outside and inside of mold. Remove bracelet from mold. See Photo 12 and Photo 13.
- 14. Using craft knife, trim away excess resin into thin slices. Try to replicate bottom edge of bracelet. Trim away resin from top edge and inside top edge. See Photo 14 and Photo 15.
- 15. Wet sandpaper and lightly sand cut edges of bracelet. Be careful to not scratch front of bracelet. Repeat with sandpaper until smooth. Rinse bracelet and sandpaper in water occasionally to remove residue. Dry bracelet with soft cloth.
- 1. Always wear safety glasses and gloves when working with casting resin.