Sweetheart Fabric Postcards
- Pink cotton fabric, 7-1/4”x5-1/4”, four
- Strathmore Blank Watercolor Postcards
- The Crafter’s Workshop Heart Stencils
- Sewing machine and thread
- Button needle and thread
- Fabric paints: red, white
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, bamboo skewer, iron and pressing surface, stencil brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- With right sides facing, machine sew two 7-1/4”x5-1/4” fabric pieces together with 1/2" seams. Leave 1-1/2” opening on one side to turn fabric.
- Turn fabric right side out through opening. Use bamboo skewer or similar object to push out corners. Slip stitch opening closed. Press with iron.
- On covered work surface, load stencil brush with fabric paint. Position stencil on fabric and apply red or white paint. Use up and down motion to stencil paint on fabric. Let dry. Reposition stencil and repeat process. Let dry completely.
- Set up sewing machine for free motion embroidery. Free motion stitch around each heart design.
- Use fabric adhesive to adhere blank postcard to back of fabric postcard.
- With remaining fabric, create another postcard following Steps 1-5.