Heart Attitude Valentine
- Colorbok/TPC Studio Paper: Ivory Moiré Decorative Paper, Little Lovin’ Collection Love Stripe
- Avatrex Scrapbooking Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2”x11”, one sheet
- Ivory satin ribbon, 1/8”-wide, 1 yd.
- Digital photo, 5”x5”
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Trimmer, Metal Ruler, 8” Scissors, Scallop Decorative Edge Scissors
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: All Purpose Glue Stick, Foam Mounting Tape
pencil, fine-tip black marker, straight pin, 1/8” hole punch, printer paper
- To make first heart pattern, cut 5”x5” square from printer paper. Fold paper in half and draw half-heart on paper. (Note: Be sure heart shape will work with position of people in photo, allowing 1/4” around edges for ribbon weaving.) Cut out heart.
- Using first heart as pattern (labeled #1), draw and cut three more hearts as follows: 3/8” larger (#2), 1/4” larger than second heart (#3), 1/2” larger than third heart (#4).
- Read Scrapbooking Attitude package instructions. Print mirror image of 5”x5” digital photo onto glossy side of Attitude sheet. Trim image sheet to 6”x6”. Wait to remove backing paper.
- Cut 6”x6” square from Ivory Moiré paper. Apply even layer of glue stick to paper piece. Peel backing from Attitude sheet. With an assistant, hold printed (glossy) side of film 1” above card and visually center image. With assistant’s end still held up, place your end down onto paper, lightly pressing onto glue. Smooth image, working toward assistant’s end.
- Gently smooth to eliminate any air bubbles. If bubbles appear, insert straight pin into them and smooth to flatten. Let dry completely.
- Position heart pattern #1 onto laminated photo, trace, and cut out.
- Cut heart patterns #2 and #4 from back of Love Stripe paper; use regular scissors to cut out heart #2 and scallop scissors to cut out heart #4.
- Cut heart pattern #3 from Ivory Moiré paper using regular scissors.
- To make ribbon lacing holes, on back side of laminated Attitude heart, draw light pencil line approximately 1/4” from edge. Mark line every 1/2”; punch holes on pencil dots.
- Starting at upper right, weave ribbon through holes all around heart. Bring ribbon ends to front and tie bow. Trim ribbon ends on angle.
- To assemble card, apply two layers of foam tape to back of photo heart and mount to #2 heart. Apply one layer of foam tape to back of #2 heart and mount to #3 heart. Apply three layers of foam tape to back of #3 heart and mount to #4 heart.
- Write message on back of largest heart.
- 1. Use this technique to create memorable holiday and everyday cards, invitations, mini albums, and more.