Cross Window Hanging
- Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paintable Plastic, one sheet
- Toner Crafts Icy Fruit Punch Fun Wire, 22-gauge, 12” length
- Plastic beads, eight each: purple, blue
- Embroidery needle
- Plaid Gallery Glass Window Color: Bright Blue, Bright Green, Magenta Rose, Purple, Amber
- Plaid Gallery Glass Black Liquid Leading
scissors, toothpick, ruler, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Measure and cut 5”x7” rectangle from craft plastic (hanger).
- Follow Fig. 1 to draw cross and squiggle lines with leading on hanger.
- Apply color to hanger as follows: Bright Blue (1), Bright Green (2), Magenta Rose (3), Purple (4), Amber (5). Use toothpick to pop air bubbles. Let dry for 48 hours.
- Use embroidery needle to punch holes on either side of hanger.
- Thread one wire end through hole and twist end. Thread beads onto wire as desired. Thread other wire end through remaining hole and twist ends closed.
- 1. Create other hangings with doves, olive branches, or fish by drawing basic shapes with leading.