St. Paddy’s No-Sew Vest
- White felt, 1-1/2 yds.
- Felt, scraps: light green, medium green, dark green
- Bright green buttons, 3/4”, four
- Ribbon, 1/2”-wide: green, green/white polka dot
- Tulip 3-D Sour Apple Fashion Paint
- Green glitter glue
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, copy paper, newspaper (to cover work surface), tape
- Print out patterns. Enlarge patterns to desired size. Tape together pattern if needed; cut vest from white felt. Cut shamrocks from green felt scraps.
- Apply line of glue 1/2” from edge on inside of front vest pieces at sides and shoulders. (Note: Do not apply glue in armholes.) With right sides together, press vest front pieces firmly onto back vest piece. Let dry. Turn inside out.
- Measure and cut green and green/white polka dot ribbon lengths same size as edges on vest opening. Adhere ribbon lengths along edges. Let dry. Trim ends if needed.
- Adhere large light green felt shamrock, two medium green felt shamrocks, and one small dark green felt shamrock on one side of vest. Let dry. Repeat to adhere shamrocks on other side of vest. Let dry. Tie two small green ribbon bows; adhere onto center of each large shamrock. Let dry.
- Adhere two buttons on each side of vest, evenly spaced, along edges of opening. Let dry.
- On covered work surface, add Sour Apple wiggle lines along vest borders. Add green glitter glue dots to highlight. Let dry.
- 1. Follow the same instructions to cut vest shape from green cotton or print fabric. Fold along edges and adhere to inside using fabric glue to create clean, finished look.