Leprechaun Candy Cup
- Small recycled butter cup
- Craft foam: green, orange, black, pink, white
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Ribbon, 1/2”-wide: light green, green/white polka dot
- Gold-wrapped candies
- Acrylic paints: pink, light tan, black
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, black marker, ruler, pencil, copy paper, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, paint entire butter cup (pot) black. Apply second or third coat if needed. Let dry.
- Print out patterns. Cut patterns from craft foam.
- Paint face and hand shapes light tan. Let dry. Paint cheeks pink. Let dry. Use black marker to draw smile on face.
- Adhere beard on face and hat on head. Adhere nose, eyes, and eyebrows on face.
- Wrap green/white polka dot ribbon around hat and trim ends. Adhere ends on back.
- Adhere each hand on front of pot. Adhere shirt around pot to hands. Hold in place to let glue set. Adhere head to collar of shirt. Tie small light green ribbon bow tie; adhere beneath beard. Adhere legs to shoes. Adhere other end of legs to bottom of pot. Let dry.
- Fill pot with gold-wrapped candies!
- 1. Substitute construction paper or cardstock for craft foam if working with a large group or on a small budget.