Lucky Shamrock Bracelet
- Emerald top-drilled leaves, four
- Light green fire-polished Czech glass faceted beads, 3mm, 36
- Faceted Vitrail mirror beads, 6mm, 20
- Textured silver oval chain, 6x8mm, 6” length
- Silver Celtic square spacers, two
- Silver wire, 26-gauge
- Beadalon Silver 19-strand Beading Wire
- Silver findings: wire guardians, eight; crimp tubes, size #2, eight; jump rings, 6mm, four; ball and hitch clasp
- Chain-nose pliers
- Round-nose pliers
- Flush cutters
- Crimping pliers
- 1. Cut 24” length of silver wire. String on emerald leaf beads and move them to center of wire, forming circle. Thread one wire through last bead to secure. See Photo 1.
- 2. Hold shamrock with two wires at top. Take wire on right and cross it over center of circle; wrap it around back of bottom bead and back up across front diagonally. (Note: Both wires will now be on left side of top bead.) See Photo 2.
- 3. Repeat with second wire, crossing over center of circle, around back of right leaf and back up across front diagonally. This wire is now at bottom on left side. Continue wrapping wires around beads making sure that each bead is wrapped with wire at least twice on front and twice on back. (Note: Some will be wrapped three or four times.) Finish with wires pointing up. See Photo 3.
- 4. Place one silver spacer over wire prongs and position it on front of beads. See Photo 4.
- 5. Bend wires around to back and pull them firmly. Place other spacer on wires and bend wires back towards front.
- 6. Cut 8” wire length and feed it through back of shamrock between beads and spacer. Pinch two wires together near beads and twist them to create tightly-twisted wire. Repeat with other end of wire. See Photo 5.
- 7. Create wrapped loop at each end and trim away excess twisted wire. See Photo 6 and Photo 7.
- 8. Cut four 8” lengths of beading wire. On each wire, string crimp and wire guardian. Thread beading wire back through crimp and crimp in place. See Photo 8. String eighteen 3mm beads on one and ten 6mm beads on another; string crimp tube and wire guardian on each and crimp in place to secure. Repeat steps using remaining beads.
- 9. Cut chain in half; open jump ring and hook on chain one strand of 3mm beads and one strand of 6mm beads. Attach to twisted loop of shamrock and then close. See Photo 9. Repeat with remaining strands on other side of shamrock.
- 10. Open another jump ring and attach loose ends of chain and bead strands. Before closing jump ring, attach one end of clasp. Repeat on other side with second half of clasp to finish.
- 1. Experiment with teardrop beads to create shamrock designs using waxed dental floss or inexpensive craft wire to practice wrapping beads.
Lucky Shamrock Bracelet