- 16”x22” Cornflower 14-count Aida (Charles Craft)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- #4 Braid (Kreinik Mfg. Co.)
- Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- Backstitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands or as indicated in key
- French Knot: >As indicated in key
- Stitch design centered on fabric. DO NOT STITCH RED OUTLINE OF STOCKING.
- After stitching is completed, place
fusible fleece on wrong side of stocking, covering all red lines; press.
- Cut stocking shape 1/2” beyond red lines and 1” beyond top edge. Fold top edge in several rows; press.
- Cut two 18” x 11” pieces of backing/lining fabric with right sides together. Position fabric under stocking and cut to shape leaving an additional 4” fabric at top. Layer pieces as follows: fabric right
side up, design right side up, fabric wrong side up.
- Pin and stitch 1/2” seams, leaving top edge open and small gap at bottom for tucking in braid. Finish top raw edges by folding over 1/2” to wrong side; stitch. Turn stocking to wrong side creating a lining and backing.
- Slipstitch lining to folded top edge of crossstitch, catching cording securely. Slipstitch cording along edge of stocking tucking ends in at bottom. Slipstitch seam closed.