Sláinte Festive Flag
- Green place mat, 14”x20”
- JGoode Lil Goodies Designs Shamrock Wall Décor Kit
- Jacquard Inkjet Printable Cotton, 8-1/2”x11”, two
- Burlap, 12”x24”
- Buttons Galore and More Rainforest Buttons, in assorted sizes
- Hanger of choice (or dowel and ribbon)
- Sewing machine and thread
- Sewing needle and green thread
- Embroidery needle and bright green embroidery floss
- Computer and inkjet color printer
- White pencil
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler or measuring tape
- Download printable Shamrock Wall Décor Kit from Internet. Open file and print both pattern sheets onto printable cotton sheets. Trim around white/small shamrock print close to edge of design. Trim 1/4” around two large shamrocks.
- Cut two 3-1/2”x3-1/2” burlap squares. Place first large shamrock in circle on center of burlap square; use sewing machine and straight stitch to sew around circle. Trim off excess material around circle, including threads. Repeat process for second large shamrock. Sew buttons on center of each shamrock.
- Cut burlap to 11”x18”. Using zig-zag stitch, sew burlap to place mat, approximately 2” from bottom edge. Position white/small shamrock print fabric on burlap 1-1/2” from bottom edge; sew into place.
- Attach various-size green buttons along bottom edge using needle and green thread.
- Fold over 2” flap at top (for casing). Sew flap into place. Attach two buttons on each side.
- Using white pencil, write “Slainte!” along center top. Use embroidery needle and bright green embroidery floss to stitch letters using straight stitch. Attach buttons for dot in “i” and in exclamation point.
- Adhere large shamrocks to center of hanging using fabric glue. Fringe edges of hanging.
- To hang, insert dowel length through casing. Tie ribbon ends around dowel length or position hanging on window using suction cup (as shown).
- 1. Purchase heavyweight green fabric and sew 14”x20” rectangle if green place mat is not available.