St. Paddy’s Décor
- Avatrex Scrapbooking Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2”x11” sheets, three
- FloraCraft Foam Shapes: Design It Silks & Naturals Desert Foam Half-Ball, 1-15/16”x3-7/8”; Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Hollow Half-Ball, 8”
- Elmer’s Foam Board Shamrock Shape, 14”x16”
- Green cardstock, 12”x12”
- White textured paper, 12”x12”
- Green striped paper straws, 7-1/2” long, six
- Digital images of children, 4”x4”, six
- Gold chocolate coins
- Computer and inkjet printer
- DesignMaster Color Tool Prairie Green Spray Color
- FloraCraft Design It: Foam Cutter
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Trimmer, 12” Metal Ruler, 5” Precision Tip Scissors
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: Glue Tape Runner, Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive
pencil, glue gun and sticks, large cardboard box, newspaper (to cover work surface), copy paper
- Using foam cutter, cut 3”-thick slice from rounded side of hollow foam half-ball so it rests flat. In well-ventilated area, place ball on newspaper-covered surface or inside large box and spray with Prairie Green Spray Color. Let dry.
- Read Scrapbooking Attitude package instructions. With computer and inkjet printer, print mirror images of all six digital photos onto glossy side of Attitude sheets. (Note: Children’s heads should be about 1-1/4”x1-1/2”.) Use paper trimmer to cut apart images.
- In well-ventilated area, spray white textured paper with adhesive. Flip over first Attitude image and press onto glued area, smoothing to eliminate any air bubbles. Remove Attitude backing paper and smooth with fingers.
- Repeat Step 3 to adhere remaining photos to white paper, noting direction of texture for each photo. (Note: Leave enough space between images to cut out shamrock shapes around children.)
- Print out patterns. Cut out and trace small shamrock pattern over each Attitude image; cut out shapes using scissors. Cut out and trace large shamrock pattern six times onto green cardstock; cut out shapes. Layer and adhere shamrocks together using tape runner.
- Use tape runner to adhere shamrock stems to paper straws.
- Use computer and desired font to create sentiment for edge of bowl. On mirror-image setting on printer, print sentiment onto glossy side of remaining Attitude sheet. Use scissors to cut around greeting to remove excess paper, and then detail cut sentiment 1/8” from letter edges. With letters facing backwards, spray adhesive on front of strip and adhere to center of bowl, 1” below top edge. Remove Attitude backing paper and smooth with fingers.
- Place smaller foam half-ball in center of bowl; secure with glue gun. Using photo as guide, adhere bowl to foam board shamrock. Arrange and insert shamrock straws into foam half-ball. Fill container with gold coins.
- 1. Use this same idea to create an Easter or Fourth of July photo centerpiece.