Green & Blue Hues Cuff Bracelet
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Clay, 1 pkg. each: Navy Blue, Spanish Olive, Wasabi, Accents 18K Gold
- Polyform Sculpey III Sky Blue Clay, 1 pkg.
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Cuff Bracelet
- Polyform Sculpey Tools: Clay Conditioning Machine, Super Slicer, Clay Tool Starter Set, Acrylic Roller
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Holiday Mini Metal Cutters
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
ruler, waxed paper or aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 275°F; do not use microwave.
- Cover work surface with waxed paper or aluminum foil. On clean work surface, use Clay Conditioning Machine to condition each package of clay until soft and pliable. Run clay through machine several times on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded edge into rollers first. Clean hands between colors.
- With Clay Conditioning Machine on #2 setting, roll each color, except Sky Blue, into sheet. Stack clay sheets in pairs of one dark and one light shade. Run each stack through machine on #2 setting. Stack sheets together and run through machine again on #2 setting.
- With machine on #5 setting, roll Sky Blue into sheet.
- Use rigid blade to cut multi-layered sheet in half lengthwise. Stack two halves with Sky Blue sheet in center. Run entire stack through machine once more. Cut stack in half again and restack, avoiding air bubbles; use acrylic roller to ensure good contact between layers. (Note: This stack is the mokume gane stack; it should be long enough and wide enough to fit around bracelet blank.)
- Using shamrock cutter and needle tool, create pattern on top of mokume gane stack, pressing tools through multiple clay layers.
- Turn clay stack on edge. Use flexible blade to shave thin slices from mokume gane stack to reveal design.
- Fit clay around bracelet blank and trim excess.
- Bake clay-covered bracelet blank on parchment-lined baking sheet at 275°F for 30 minutes per 1/4” thickness. When clay is almost cool, remove bracelet blank for future use. Let clay cool completely.
- 1. Experiment with different clay color combinations, or embed Premo! Sculpey Glitter into clay for sparkle.