Easter Eggs Stretch Bracelet
- AMACO Claycrete
- Elastic beading cord, 1mm, 24” length
- White small spacer beads, eight
- Acrylic paints: green, mauve, off-white, pink
- Needle tool or small power drill
- Clear varnish
large freezer bag, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, mix small quantity of Claycrete in freezer bag following manufacturer’s instructions. Make thick/dry paste rather than wet one. Pinch small 1” pieces of Claycrete and roll into small egg shapes. Roll approximately eight egg shapes. Set aside to dry.
- When almost dry, use needle tool to make small hole through length of each egg shape. If eggs are too dry, use small drill to drill hole.
- Apply two coats of gesso on eggs to seal. Let dry.
- Decorate eggs using acrylic paints. Add stripes, polka dots, and other designs as desired. Let dry between each color application.
- When eggs are completing dry, apply two coats of varnish. Let dry.
- Thread egg beads onto beading elastic, alternating with spacer beads to make bracelet 7" long. Adjust size as needed. Knot ends.
- 1. Create a long matching necklace following same instructions above.