Sweet Floppy Bunnies
- Print cotton fabric, fat quarter
- Fleece scrap, 9”x7”
- Felt scrap, 6”x6”
- Polyester knit fabric, 6”x10”, four
- Embroidery thread
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Sewing machine and thread
- Small embroidery hoop
- Disappearing fabric marker
scissors, measuring tape, sewing needle, straight pins, iron and pressing surface
- 1. All seam allowances are sewn at 1/4".
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut patterns from fabric as indicated.
- 2. Position and center face 1-1/4” below top edge of body; pin in place. Machine straight stitch around edges.
- 3. Position heart on body. Machine blanket stitch around edges of heart. (Note: This stitch is found under decorative stitches. Reduce blanket stitch length and width as heart is small in size.)
- 4. Position bunny face in embroidery hoop. With embroidery thread and needle, use small backstitches to create face details. If needed, draw guidelines with disappearing fabric marker.
- 5. With rights side together and using 1/4” seam allowance, machine straight stitch inner and outer ears together around edges, leaving bottom edge open for turning. Clip and turn ears right side out. Lightly press. Pull out points on ears with pin or scissors end if needed. Fold ears in half; machine straight stitch down center of ear, starting at bottom for approximately 1”.
- 6. To create arms and legs, fold polyester knit fabric strip (long side to long side) in half. Tie knot close to end. Repeat for all four limbs.
- 7. Position and pin ears and limbs in place. Stitch legs with 1/4” seam allowance to bottom of bunny.
- 8. Sandwich front and back body of bunny with right sides together; pin in place. Machine straight stitch around all edges, leaving small opening for turning. Clip curves and corners. Turn bunny right side out; lightly press. Gently stuff with fiberfill. Slip stitch opening closed using needle and thread.
- 1. Topstitch using embroidery thread on all appliqués to add a nice, finished touch to this project.