Easter Bunny Banner
- Wool felt: light pink, light blue, purple, white, bright green
- Yellow/white polka dot flannel
- Embroidery thread: black, light blue, green, pink, yellow, purple
- White rick rack
- Light blue buttons, 2-1/2”, two
- Dowel, 3/16”, 14” length
- Wooden balls, 3/4”, two
- Ribbon for hanging
- Sewing machine and light pink thread
- Drill with 3/16” bit
- DecoArt Americana Hydrangea Pink Acrylic Paint
- Eclectic Products E-6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
paper, fabric scissors, pencil, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), white chalk, straight pins
- Cut patterns as follows: two banners and bunny nose from light pink felt; bunny from white felt; three flowers from light blue felt; ‘EASTER’ letters from purple felt; two flowers and three circle flower centers from yellow flannel; six leaves from green felt.
- Use sewing machine to sew rick rack to sides and bottom on one pink banner piece. Trim rick rack even with top edge of banner.
- Cut dowel rod to 14” and drill holes into one side on both wooden balls. On covered work surface, paint wooden balls and dowel Hydrangea Pink. Let dry. Set aside.
- Arrange all felt pieces on second pink banner piece as shown in photo. Pin in place.
- Very lightly transfer “HAPPY” as shown on banner using white chalk. Use running stitch and two strands of purple embroidery thread to stitch “HAPPY”.
- Blanket stitch around all pieces using two strands of matching embroidery thread. Sew buttons to yellow flower centers. Trim ends.
- Use running stitch and two strands of black embroidery floss to stitch lines in ears, eyebrows, and mouth. Use three strands of black embroidery floss for eyes and one single strand of black embroidery floss for whiskers. Knot ends on back; clip thread ends.
- Pin two banner pieces together. Use sewing machine and light pink thread to sew around banner close to the edge, starting 3/4” from top edge and stopping 3/4” from other top edge. Stitch along top edge, 1/8” in from edge, for dowel rod casing.
- Insert dowel rod through casing; adhere wooden balls on ends. Tie ribbon to each end of dowel to hang.
- 1. Blanket stitch around hanging leaves and flowers after stitching banner pieces together.