Mosaic Easter Coasters
- Diamond Tech Jennifer’s Mosaics Spring Mix Glass Mosaic Tiles
- Paper Patch Crafts Round Coaster Bases, 4”, two
- Diamond Tech Wheeled Glass Nippers
- Diamond Tech Jennifer’s Mosaics Gray Sanded Grout
- Mosaic tile adhesive
graphite paper, pencil, scissors, ruler, container of water, disposable cup and spoon, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface), safety glasses, disposable gloves, soft cloth, sponge, toothpick, tablespoon
- Cover work surface with newspaper. Place clean, dry coaster bases on work surface, rough side facing up.
- Print out patterns. Use graphite paper and pencil to transfer patterns onto coasters.
- Using glass nippers, follow manufacturer’s instructions to cut mosaic tiles into smaller fragments. Cut random shapes and sizes. See Photo 1.
- Beginning with center image on each coaster, first outline body with tile fragments, then fill in center. Place tiles shiny side up on top of coaster.
- Nip remaining tiles to fit inside pattern outline on each coaster. Fit tile fragments onto coaster surface like jigsaw puzzle, leaving 1/8” space between pieces for grout. Nip additional pieces as needed to fit spaces.
- When pleased with mosaic, carefully pick up tiles and apply adhesive to back of each piece before replacing it on coaster. Press firmly on tiles to ensure good hold; let dry.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to mix gray grout in disposable cup. Wearing rubber gloves, spread grout onto coaster surface, making sure grout is pressed into all spaces between glass pieces. Grout should be level with glass pieces. Wait 15 minutes for grout to set.
- Remove excess grout from glass using damp sponge. Let dry. Buff glass clean using soft cloth. Let dry for 24 hours.
- 1. Enlarge patterns to create round or square stepping stones for your springtime garden.