Mosaic River Stones Wreath
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Half-Round Wreath, 12”
- River stones, 2 lbs.
- Seashells, moss, starfish, dried flowers
- Brown raffia
- Lightweight spackling
- Tan acrylic paint
- Plaid Matte Mod Podge
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
scissors, sponge, disposable container, spatula, flat brush, newspaper (to cover work surface), measuring cup, soft cloth
- Adhere river stones onto front and sides of wreath using low-temp glue. Adhere stones as close together as possible, using assortment of colors and sizes. (Note: The stones will appear farther apart once spackling is applied.)
- Use spatula to mix small amount of tan paint with 1/2 cup of spackling in disposable container. Using your fingers, apply small amounts of tinted spackling between stones, filling in gaps. Wipe excess spackling from stones using soft cloth.
- When all gaps and cracks are filled, wipe remaining spackling from stones using damp sponge. Rinse sponge often. Let set.
- Repeat sponging until stones are completely clean before allowing wreath to dry thoroughly. (Note: Do not wait until spackling is completely dry as it is difficult to remove film from stones.)
- Brush Mod Podge on all surfaces of wreath to seal and enhance colors of stones. Let dry.
- Arrange and adhere shells, moss, starfish, and other natural items on wreath using low-temp glue gun.
- Wrap double length of raffia around top of wreath to hang.
- 1. Experiment with colored grout in place of spackling for a different look.