Secret Garden Watering Can
- Decorative metal watering can with umbrella and flower detail
- Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection Papers: Pretty Primrose, Meadow Lark
- Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection Tags & Pockets
- Graphic 45 Metal Brads
- May Arts Green Silk Ribbon (SK16), 1/4”-wide
- Acrylic paints: green, yellow
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, clear dots
paper trimmer, craft knife and cutting mat, detail scissors, measuring tape, pencil, scrap paper, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- If desired, paint watering can green and umbrella yellow. Let dry completely.
- Measure height and circumference (distance around) of watering can. Cut pattern matching dimensions from scrap paper; piece together and tape pattern as needed.
- Use pencil to mark any openings, decorative attachments like flowers, handles, or spouts onto pattern. Cut around shapes as needed. Trace pattern onto green side of Pretty Primrose paper. Cut out and adhere paper to can, yellow side out, using double-sided tape.
- In same way, create patterns for top of can and end of spout. Trace patterns onto yellow side of Pretty Primrose paper. Cut out and adhere paper to can, green side out, using double-sided tape.
- To embellish metal flowers on side of watering can, hand-cut two medium and two small circles from Pretty Primrose paper. Using clear dots, adhere circles to metal flowers as shown, trimming as needed to fit around metal parts and adding brad to center of each small circle.
- Create patterns for top of umbrella from scrap paper. Trace patterns onto label side of Meadow Lark paper; cut out and adhere paper to umbrella, green/white side out, using double-sided tape.
- Tie small Secret Garden tag to umbrella using green silk ribbon; knot and trim ends.
- 1. To create a coordinating planter, découpage paper onto a clay or metal pot. Place potted plant inside decorative planter to prevent water damage.