Summer Fun Photo Display
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Ultramarine Blue, White, Beige, Raw Siena
- 7gypsies White Photo Tray
- We R Memory Keepers Down the Boardwalk Paper Pad; Embossed Tags: Flip Flops, Star
- Ranger Tim Holtz Mini Glass Bottles
- Sand or small stones, small amount
- Summer-themed family photos
- Light blue buttons, three
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- 3M Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
craft knife, ruler, scissors, clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic roller, wax paper
- Run each color clay separately through clay conditioning machine on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded side into rollers first. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- Mix Ultramarine and White clay together to create blue clay. Run blue clay through clay conditioning machine on #2 setting. Position blue clay on wax paper on work surface. Using inset photo as guide, cut out pail shape for bottom left of tray. Set aside. Roll two thin ropes of blue clay; press ropes on top and bottom of pail for rim. See Photo 1.
- Roll two thin ropes of White clay and two tiny balls of Blue clay. Twist White ropes together creating handle. Press handle onto top of pail; press tiny blue balls onto handle ends. See Photo 2.
- Mix Beige and Raw Sienna clay together creating tan clay. Run tan clay through clay conditioning machine on #3 setting into thin sheet. Use fingers to rip tan clay sheet creating textured sand. Press pail onto textured sand. Rip another piece of tan clay and press onto bottom right corner of pail. Add small piece of ripped tan clay to top of pail. See Photo 3 and Photo 4.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay in oven on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool completely.
- Measure, cut, and adhere pattern papers into each opening on tray. Let dry.
- Adhere sand/pail onto bottom left on tray. Use craft knife to trim pieces to fit into openings.
- Mat photos on assorted papers; adhere on tray as desired. Adhere star, sand dollars, surfboards, umbrella, and flip-flops from paper pad on tray.
- Adhere Flip Flops and Star tags on tray. Fill small bottles with sand or small stones; adhere onto bottom right corner of tray. Let dry. Tie floss through buttons; adhere buttons above sand/pail on bottom left corner of tray. Let dry.
- 1. Use clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic roller in place of clay conditioning machine.