Cross-Stitch “Simple Joys of Summer”
- Wichelt Imports 28-count Hand-Dyed Summer Sky Jobelan (429504)
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Backstitch: >1 or 2 strands
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- French Knot: >1 strand (wrapped 1 time)
scissors, embroidery needle, q-snap or hoop
- Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two strands using two strands of floss.
- Backstitch design using two strands as follows: saying with DMC 3808 Turquoise-UL VY DK; word “chalk” and outline of three sections with DMC 986 Forest Green-VY DK; sun rays with DMC 973 Canary-BRT and DMC 972 Canary-DK; baseball stitching with DMC 349 Coral-DK; flower stems and top of grass with DMC 986 Forest Green-VY DK. (Note: Use long stitches for horizontal lines on baseball.) For flowers, backstitch with two strands from left to right as follows: DMC 3837 Lavender-UL DK, 3810 Turquoise-DK, 3705 Melon-DK, 3808 Turquoise-UL VY DK, 3705 Melon-DK, 3837 Lavender-UL DK, 3810 Turquoise-DK. Backstitch remaining areas on design with one strand DMC 310 Black.
- Complete French Knots on saying using one strand of DMC 3808 Turquoise-UL VY DK.
- Frame design or finish into hanging as shown.
- 1. Attach stitched piece on tote or beach bag for a fun seasonal accessory.