Summer Party Invitation
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Block, 10”x12”x1-1/4”
- White cardstock
- Tissue paper: white, peach
- Heavy-weight patterned papers: stars, dots
- Journaling circle
- Wooden craft stick
- Martha Stewart Crafts Traditional Scallop Edge Punch
- “It’s a party” sentiment stamp
- Black ink pad
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, low-temperature glue gun and sticks, Plaid Mod Podge
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, serrated knife, bar of soap, foam paintbrush, wax paper (to cover work surface)
- Make 8-1/2”x5-1/2” top-fold card from dots paper. Cut 3”x8-1/2” stars paper strip. Border punch one long edge. Score and fold strip in half. Adhere to top of card with scalloped edge at front of card.
- Run serrated knife blade across bar of soap. Measure and cut 2-1/4”x3-1/2” piece from foam block. Using photo as guide, carefully carve piece to look like frozen pop.
- Using foam brush, coat foam pop with Mod Podge and cover with white tissue paper. Mold tissue to foam; trim excess. Let dry.
- Coat foam pop with Mod Podge again, leaving bottom edge free of adhesive. Carefully place peach tissue paper on pop, using straight edge along bottom to mimic look of sherbet. Trim excess tissue as needed. Let dry.
- Use knife tip to make small slit in bottom of pop; spot glue and insert craft stick into pop. Let dry.
- Cut 6”x1-1/2” white cardstock strip, stamp sentiment as shown, and adhere to card.
- Adhere journaling circle to left end of sentiment strip. Detail cut one large and one small star from paper scraps and adhere to circle.
- Use glue gun to adhere foam pop to right side of card. Let dry.
- 1. For fun coordinating party décor, carve large frozen pops from bigger foam blocks, piecing and gluing together layers as needed before cutting shape. Use a wooden paint stick instead of a craft stick. Keep a cooler stocked with a variety of the frozen treats!