Keepsake Shell Necklace
- Cockleshell (the most common seashell found on the beach)
- Cardboard, scrap
- Acrylic rhinestones and gems, assorted colors and styles
- Leather cording, 26” length: pink or green
- Silver glitter glue
- White acrylic paint
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, pencil, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Clean shells in warm soapy water. Dry well.
- Position flat side of shell on cardboard and trace around edges. Cut out.
- Cut 26" length of cording. Fold length in half. Adhere folded end inside cupped part of shell. Let dry. Adhere cardboard to back rim of shell. Let dry.
- On covered work surface, paint cardboard outline white. Let dry.
- Outline edge of shell with silver glitter glue. Let dry.
- Decorate shell with rhinestones, jewels, and flower stickers.
- Tie cording ends into knot. To wear, slip necklace over head. Adjust length as needed.
- 1. After adhering cardboard to back of shell, let dry thoroughly before embellishing.