Treasures from the Sea
- Blue Moon Beads Silver Metal Starfish Pendant
- Lava beads, two each: blue disk, white round
- Bead Landing Glass Pearls with Bead Caps, two
- Silver Creek Leather Silver Round Cording, 2mm
- Beadalon Silver-Plated: Oval Link Chain, 6.1mm, 15” length; Cord Ends, two
- Silver findings: jump rings, 6mm, two; hitch and ball clasp
- Chain-nose pliers
- Epoxy glue
scissors, toothpick, ruler
- Cut two 20" lengths of leather cord.
- Slide starfish pendant to center of one cord. See Photo 1.
- Find center of second length of cord; position it across top of starfish. Tie half knot on either side of starfish. See Photo 2, Photo 3, and Photo 4.
- String blue lava bead on left cord and tie second cord in half knot around main stringing cord. String white lava bead on right cord and tie half knot with second cord to secure bead in place. See Photo 5.
- String pearl on each main cord and secure in place with half knots. String white lava bead on left and blue lava bead on right; tie half knots to secure in place. See Photo 6.
- Cut chain into two 7-1/2” lengths. Thread every second link onto cord on one side of necklace. See Photo 7. Repeat on other side with remaining chain length. Trim main cord so cord and chain are same length.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to mix epoxy. Apply small amount to end of each cord using toothpick. See Photo 8. Slide cord ends in place. See Photo 9. Wipe away any excess immediately. Let epoxy dry before continuing.
- Open jump ring and hook it through eye of cord end and onto last link on chain. Before closing, add one half of clasp. Repeat for other side of necklace. Trim secondary cord ends to 1/2”.
- 1. Look for mini applications of epoxy that come in small applicator tubes as only a small amount is needed for this project.