- 12"x22" Jade 28-count Hand-dyed Lugana (Picture This Plus)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- 2 Bee Buttons (1173.S and 1173.T) (Just Another Button Company)
- Beehive Button (1132.L) - Just Another Button Company
- 2 Dragonflies (1159.L and 1159.W) (Just Another Button Company)
- Bellpull Hardware (Ackfeld Mfg.)
- Backstitch: >2 strands or as indicated in key
- Cross-stich: >3 strands
- Half Cross-stitch: >1 strand
- Ray Stitch: >3 strands
- Rhodes Butterfly: >3 strands
- Stitch design centered on fabric over tow threads. Place buttons as shown in picture.
- Create a channel by pulling out a vertical thread on either side of bellpull. Measure carefully to the left and right and pull thread after one buttonhole stitching will be worked over.
- NOTE: Pulling one fabric strand will leave an obvious stitching line ensuring sides of bellpull remain straight and even. Repeat for top of bellpull by pulling horizontal thread. Carefully strip threads from long sides of fabric well away from stitched area. These threads will be used to finish edges.
- Trim excess fabric away from stitching once stitching and buttonhole edging are copmlete. To make sleeve for bellpull hardware, fold 1" of top edge down to back of fabric. Using matching thread (stripped thread from fabric) tack folded edge to back. NOTE: Make sure stitching cannot be seen from front.
- Wash and press bellpull before adding buttons.