Harmony, Peace, Love A Trio of Angels Part 3
- 13”x19” Clay 28-count Jobelan
(Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- 6-strand Hand-dyed Embroidery Floss
(Weeks Dye Works)
- Homespun Yarn (Lion Brand Yarn)
- Mat Board
needle, scissors, glue
- 1. Complete each cross-stitch as you stitch.
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. Trim design fabric 2” from stitching.
- 2. To make project into a box, cut 2 pieces
of mat board 1” larger than design size. Cut 4 pieces of mat board 2” to 3” wide for sides of box same length as front and back pieces. Cut batting larger than pieces of mat board. Glue batting around edges of mat board and in middle of board pressing batting down.
- 3. Glue batting around edges of mat board and in middle of board pressing batting down firmly. Repeat on all pieces of mat
board. When glue is dry, trim batting even with mat board. Cut pieces of decorative fabric 1” larger than mat board pieces. Run bead of glue along edge of mat board and center mat board on top of wrong-side of fabric. Center design on batting on front side of box.
- 4. Fold fabric over mat board and carefully
fold corners over neatly. Tape corners and 1” edge down with acid-free tape. Repeat on all sides and on all pieces of mat board. Sew edges and corners together.
- 5. Glue homespun yard (color of your choice) to edges of box.