Dyed Beach Towel
- White beach towel, 30”x50”
- Simply Spray Soft Fabric Paint, three cans each: Blue Jay, Sky Blue
- Masking tape rolls: 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”
- Washing machine and dryer
- Paper towels
plastic tablecloth (to cover work surface)
- Wash and dry towel without fabric softener.
- Protect work area with plastic tablecloth. Mask off bands on both towel ends by completely covering them with masking tape. On remainder of towel, beginning at center, place strip of 1”-wide tape across towel length. Butting against first strip, place 1/2”-wide tape on each side. Continue to place tape on either side of center using desired tape widths. When entire towel is covered with tape, remove desired strips to be painted Blue Jay. Set aside tape strips, taking care so they remain intact; do not discard.
- Place towel on work surface and slide paper towels halfway under towel along all edges. Spray paint stripes Blue Jay. Let dry completely, for a minimum of 30 minutes. (Note: When spraying stripes, begin spraying on paper towels, then spray across length of towel and continue spraying off onto paper towels.)
- When paint is completely dry, reapply tape strips over painted area. Remove desired strips to be painted Sky Blue. Repeat Step 3, using Sky Blue paint instead of Blue Jay. Let dry completely.
- Remove remaining tape strips.
- 1. Simply Spray is a permanent, non-toxic aerosol spray designed especially for fabric, leaving it soft and machine washable. The color dries in 30 minutes and cleans up with soap and water.