- Worsted weight acrylic yarn in choice of color
- Wooden barrel bead, 3/4”
- Crochet hook, size N (10mm)
- Yarn needle
- 1. Use three strands of yarn held together throughout.
- 1. Chain (ch) 16.
- 2. Row 1. Single crochet (sc) in next ch. *Yarn over (yo) and insert hook in next ch. Pull yarn through ch, then yo and pull through all three loops on hook. Repeat from * across. Turn.
- 3. Row 2. Sc in next sc. Repeat from * across, as in Row 1. Turn.
- 4. Rows 3-20. Repeat Row 2.
- 5. Rows 21-31. Repeat from * across, as in Row 1.
- 6. Row 31 (flap “trim”). *Sc in next sc. Skip one sc. Double crochet (dc) four times in next sc. Repeat from * across. Fasten off.
- 1. Ch 55 to 65 (depending on desired length of strap).
- 2. Row 1. Sc in each ch. Fasten off.
- 1. To assemble purse, fold bottom edge up, about 7”. Use yarn needle to sew edges together. Turn right side out.
- 2. Sew straps inside purse on each upper side edge. Sew bead to center front of purse.
- 1. So, you don’t know how to crochet? Learn how to crochet by using the easy-to-follow Beginner's Crochet Tutorial located under patterns.