Quick Creations: Halloween Spoons
- Wooden spoons (Main Stay): flat; round
- Wooden button plugs (neck bolts), 1/4”, two
- FolkArt Acrylic Colors (Plaid): Grass Green; Wicker White; Basil Green; Plum Vineyard; Pumpkin; Tangerine; Purple; Van Dyke Brown; Terra Cotta; Pure Black
- Wet coffee grounds
- Paintbrushes: round, #1; flat, 1”; liner
- FolkArt Floating Medium (Plaid)
- Spray sealer
- Wood glue
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Painted spoons are for decorative purposes only.
- 1. Print out pattern. Transfer pattern. Glue neck bolts to square spoon. Let dry. Use pencil to draw line at bottom of head, indicating neckline.
- 2. Paint face Basil Green and base of spoon Plum Vineyard. Use small round brush to paint various sized Grass Green polka dots on handle.
- 3. For eyelids, paint semi-circle with Grass Green on outer part and Basil Green in center, blending as you move towards center of eyelid. For mouth, use small round brush to paint Purple stitch lines. For eyes, paint two small black semi-circles, leaving room for white highlight. Around black, use small round brush to paint Plum Vineyard semi-circle. Use small round brush to paint Grass Green stitch lines on forehead. Paint neck bolts Plum Vineyard. Let dry.
- 4. Lightly sand painted areas for a slightly distressed appearance.
- 5. Mix a bit of floating medium with Van Dyke Brown and apply to spoon. Let dry.
- 6. Wearing gloves, rub coffee grounds on spoon and let dry for an aged appearance. When dry, spray entire spoon with sealer. Let dry.
- 1. Print out pattern. Transfer pattern. Use pencil to draw neckline.
- 2. Paint handle white and head Pumpkin. Use pencil to mark placement of stripes on handle. Paint alternating black stripes on top of white handle. Paint facial features black. For eyes, use round brush to paint irises Grass Green. Use point of round brush dipped in White to paint reflection. Let dry.
- 3. Lightly sand painted areas for a slightly distressed appearance.
- 4. Mix a bit of floating medium with Van Dyke Brown and apply to spoon. Let dry.
- 5. Wearing gloves, rub coffee grounds on spoon and let dry for an aged appearance.
- 6. When dry, spray entire spoon with sealer. Let dry.