Grapevine Wine Bottle Stopper & Charms
- Diamond Tech Studio Pro: Square Bevels, 2”x2”, 1”x1”; Copper Foil Tape, 1/4”
- Diamond Tech Fuseworks: Wine Charms, Round Bottle Stopper
- White cardstock
- Diamond Tech Studio Pro Fid
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Farmer’s Market Alcohol Ink Kit
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge, Eclectic Products E-6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
scissors, foam brush, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), soft cloth, rubbing alcohol, paper towels, clear tape, ruler, fine-tip black marker
- Wash bevels and dry with soft cloth. Cover work surface with newspaper.
- Print out patterns onto white cardstock. Outline shapes using black marker.
- Use paintbrush to apply alcohol inks to patterns. Paint grapes Eggplant or Lettuce. Paint stems and leaves Lettuce. Lightly highlight grapes Cranberry and leaves Eggplant. Let dry. Outline shapes using black marker.
- Cut around designs to fit 2”x2” and 1”x1” bevels. Adhere images face-down on back of each bevel using Mod Podge and foam brush. Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut one 8-1/2” and two 4-1/2” strips from copper foil tape. Tape each length of foil tape down on top of newspaper; lightly coat each with alcohol inks. Blend colors until satisfied with look. Let dry.
- When bevels and foil tape are dry, clean beveled side with rubbing alcohol to remove any extra Mod Podge. Peel 1” of backing from foil tape. Center edge of bevel on sticky side of foil tape. Wrap outer edges of bevel with foil tape, overlapping ends by 1/4”.
- Use fid to gently burnish surface of foil tape to edge of glass. Press firmly. (Note: This will remove some alcohol ink resulting in antiqued look.)
- Adhere each 1”x1” bevel onto wine charm and 2”x2” bevel onto bottle stopper using E6000. Let dry.
- 1. Substitute a craft stick if fid is not available.