Numeral Place Mats
- Osnaburg fabric, 17”x14-1/2”, two
- Cotton quilt batting, 17”x14-1/2”, two
- Martha Stewart Crafts Flourish Serif Alphabet Adhesive Silkscreens
- Sewing machine and thread
- Stencil brush
- Black acrylic paint
scissors, ruler, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface), iron and pressing surface
- Layer Osnaburg fabrics right sides together with both pieces of quilt batting on top. Using 1/4” seam allowance, sew around fabric leaving 3” opening on one long edge. Clip corners and seam allowance. Turn right side out through opening.
- Tuck seam allowance inside of opening. Press with iron.
- Topstitch 1/4” from finished edge of place mat, sewing opening closed.
- Using photo as guide, position silk screen numbers on place mat. Load stencil brush with black acrylic paint; remove some paint from brush by blotting on paper towel. Apply paint through screen by pouncing stencil brush up and down. Let set. Remove screen to reveal design. Let dry.
- Measure 1” down from painted numbers. Paint additional numbers. Repeat process until satisfied with design. Let dry.
- 1. A credit card or scraper can be used instead of stencil brush. Apply small puddle of paint on silk screen and use credit card to pull paint over screen.