Crystal Tendrils Bracelet
- Swarovski Crystals: Amethyst bicones, 8mm, six; 6mm, four; 4mm, 23; Light Siam, 4mm, six; Light Topaz, 4mm, two; Jonquil, 4mm, three
- White glass pearls, 4mm, seven
- White freshwater potato pearls, 8mm, eight
- Amethyst freshwater pearls, 6mm, 26
- Beadalon: Non-Tarnish Silver Artistic Wire, 26-gauge; Silver Beading Wire, .015mm
- Silver perforated disk and base with two loops, 15mm
- Silver findings: wire guardians, eight; crimp beads, size #2, eight; magnetic clasp
- Wire cutters
- Chain-nose pliers
- Nylon jaw pliers
- Crimping pliers
- 1. Cut 80” artistic wire length. Thread 4mm pearl on end, leaving 3” tail. Bend wires on each side of hole and bring together. Hold pearl in thumb and forefinger of one hand and two wires in other hand approximately 1/2” from bead. Twist together tightly. See Photo 1. Continue threading and twisting until all 4mm pearls have been used. Make some wires longer and some shorter. See Photo 2.
- 2. Thread two wires through two central holes in perforated disk. Twist them together twice on back of disk to secure. See Photo 3. Thread longer wire through next adjacent hole in circle and string on 4mm amethyst bicone, leaving about 1/2” of wire to twist. Thread wire to back of the disk through next hole. Twist wire as before.
- 3. Count back two holes (backstitch) and bring wire back up to top again. Thread on 4mm bicone and thread through adjacent hole; twist as before. Continue around this ring of holes, varying color of crystals until all six holes have been beaded. See Photo 4. (Note: From time to time, straighten wire by running it through nylon jaw pliers.) Continue around remaining rows in same fashion.
- 4. Weave both wires under backstitches until well secured. See Photo 5.
- 5. Line beaded disk up over base and fold prongs over using chain-nose pliers to secure disk in place. See Photo 6.
- 6. Cut four 8” beading wire lengths. Thread one length through wire guardian; hook it over loop of beaded disk. Thread on crimp tube; crimp in place. See Photo 7.
- 7. String half remaining amethyst crystals and white freshwater pearls in random fashion. Thread on crimp tube and wire guardian; hook onto one half of magnetic clasp and then back through crimp tube and first two beads. Crimp to secure; trim away excess beading wire. Repeat with amethyst pearls.
- 8. Complete other side of bracelet to match.
- 1. Experiment with different color bicones to create a great bridesmaid gift using the wedding color palette.
Crystal Tendrils Bracelet