Ivy Stepping Stone & Brick
- Dark red stepping stone or brick
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Colors: Clover, New Leaf Green, White, Licorice
- Computer and printer
- Photocopier (optional)
- Ivy sponge stamp
- Plaid FolkArt Glazing Medium
- Clear acrylic gloss sealer
- Paintbrushes: flat, round
- Plaid Bottle Top Tip Writers
newspaper (to cover work surface
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions throughout. Mix glazing medium with each of the following: Clover, New Leaf Green, and White.
- Using photo as guide, stamp ivy design around stone or brick with White; let dry. (Note: White is used as a basecoat so colors will show more vividly against dark background color.)
- Load stamp with Clover and New Leaf Green; re-stamp over White ivy leaves.
- Use round brush and White to add vines and tendrils; re-paint with Clover.
- Print out pattern; enlarge or reduce on photocopier as desired. Transfer “Welcome” to center of surface. Use Licorice and craft tip set to fill in lettering; let dry.
- Spatter paint surface with Licorice. Seal with gloss sealer.