“Go Green” Tree
- Recycled coffee can
- Tree limb or large stick
- Cardstock or construction paper: white, various shades of green
- Textured brown paper
- Reindeer moss
- Floral foam blocks, three
- Hemp cording or jute twine
- Alphabet rubber stamps and black ink pad
- Hole punch
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Adhere foam blocks inside coffee can. Insert tree limb into center of foam. Trim branches on limb.
- Measure and cut brown paper to fit around can. Adhere paper around can. Adhere moss on foam.
- Use alphabet stamps and black ink pad to stamp or black marker to write “GO” on white paper. Stamp or write “GREEN” on different shades of green cardstock; cut out letters. Adhere letters under “GO” on white paper. Cut around words, forming sign.
- Use black marker to draw outline around sign. Punch holes on sides of sign. Measure and cut 14” length of cording or twine. Insert end through holes and knot at sides. Adhere sign on can. Wrap ends around can and knot on back.
- Print and cut out pattern. Use black marker to write tip on each leaf. (Note: See “Go Green” tips.) Punch hole on end of leaf and use cording to tie on branch.
- 1. Check out these tips and brainstorm more when making your tree:
- 2. Don’t waste food
- 3. Grow a garden
- 4. Use washable plates, utensils, napkins, and tablecloths
- 5. Shop with reusable cloth bags
- 6. Don’t litter – recycle!
- 7. Avoid disposable items
- 8. Donate old clothing to charity
- 9. Wash dishes by hand
- 10. Eat local and organic foods
- 11. Conserve water
- 12. Dry clothes on a rack or on a clothesline
- 13. Use recycled paper
- 14. Ride a bike
- 15. Plant a tree
- 16. Turn lights off when you leave a room
- 17. Take short showers instead of baths
- 18. Use energy saving light bulbs
- 19. Spread the word about conservation