April Showers Boot
- Women's black polka dot rain boot, 12" tall
- Avatrex Craft Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2"x11", two
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam White Block, 1-15/16"x3-7/8"x7-7/8"
- Design Master COLORTOOL Spray Color: White, Turquoise, Perfect Pink, Orange, Aspen Yellow; Primer
- Clip-on flowers, 4-1/2” diameter: turquoise, green, lavender, pink, orange
- Chipboard circles, 1-3/4” diameter, five
- Garden tools and gloves
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 5” Precision Tip Scissors, 12” Metal Ruler
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks, blue painter's tape, Elmer’s Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive
copy paper, old newspapers and cardboard box for spraying
- Insert foam block into boot. If loose, remove, hot glue bottom of block, and re-insert.
- In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray tools with two light coats primer. Let dry. Spray bottoms of tools with two coats White and let dry. Use blue painter's tape to mask off bottoms and spray handles Turquoise, Perfect Pink, and Orange. Spray five 1-3/4" circles Aspen Yellow and let dry.
- On computer, type words for circles such as: April Showers, Bring, May Flowers, Happy, Spring. Or type names of family members or other message of choice. Size and space words on page. (Note: Print on copy paper first to check size and spacing to cut 1-3/4" circles.)
- Read Avatrex Craft Attitude package instructions. Use computer and inkjet printer to print on Attitude sheet following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use 5" scissors to cut apart Attitude words, leaving 1-3/4" diameter circle area around words. In spraying area, lightly spray glossy, printed side of Attitude words with spray adhesive. Remove backing sheets and flip Attitude film over onto yellow circles, centering words. Smooth sheet. Use scissors to trim excess Attitude film from circles.
- Clip flowers onto top rim of boot. Hot glue yellow word circles on center of each flower to create sentences on front and back of boot.
- Insert tools down into foam inside boot. Display with gloves and other gardening items as desired. After each season's use or as needed, replace foam from inside of boot with new foam.
- 1. Use “Photo” quality setting and “Glossy Photo Paper” media setting on computer and printer.