Charming Lavender Decorative Sham
- White standard-size pillowcase
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Green (3364), Purple (3042)
- Offray Nice & Narrow Light Purple Ribbon, 5/16”-wide, 3 yds.
- Embroidery hoop and needle
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Iron and pressing board
scissors, ruler, transfer paper
- 1. Wash and press pillowcase before beginning project. Use two strands of floss for all embroidery.
- 1. If pillowcase does not have large enough hemmed edge at opening, create one by machine stitching on strip of folded fabric.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer design onto hemmed edge.
- 3. Use Green floss to backstitch stems and leaves.
- 4. Use Purple floss to make Faux French Knot flowers. (Note: Read “Faux French Knot” on pattern for instructions.)
- 5. Topstitch ribbon lengths to each side of lavender flowers, leaving 12” tails in front. Tie bow and trim ends.
- 1. Tailor ribbon and embroidery colors to complement wedding color palette.